Wednesday 11 November 2015

Dosage increased on gout pills - yet another pill to take

Good grief, I'm rattling more than ever now. Saw the doctor earlier today and the blood indicators of something or other have reduced significantly in the right direction, but need to come down more. So he's increased the gout pills to two a day instead of one. The extra pill taking my morning pills to 13, and a total of 14 a day.

My ankles are still very swollen, and last couple of days my left leg has been quite painful. Have been limping around like a cripple. Putting Voltaren cream on them now and then which really seems to help a lot. Takes the swelling down a bit and reduces the pain heaps.

They also wanted to see me in Research today at the medical centre. I've been taking part in a study to see if HIV affects the brain and I have to do a long and involved cognition test and questionnaire once a year. Took about an hour all up on a little PC they had set up for it.

Told them I'm getting older you know and it may not be the HIV that causes my head to start firing on less cylinders these days. Apparently I did quite well though. Think the internet helps to keep my head going you know :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment