Thursday 12 January 2012

Good advice from someone who cares

I think my judgement is all fucked up.

So far I've gone from laughing about a death threat, to um, actually recognising that it is a death threat but still not taking it that seriously. Thinking in fact that it might be actionable legally but not particularly believing there was any more than that to it. I'm the nut who usually over reacts to everything, but in this case I appear to be doing exactly the reverse.

Now I'm getting a different perspective. I sent the screen shot of it to Simon and we discussed it 2 nights ago when he rang. Since then I've had time to give his reaction a bit of thought (as others) and it is much more sobering than my laughing about it. He was very worried about the sinister nature of the message, and what the bloke might be capable of given that. It was obvious to Simon that he was disturbed in some way psychologically, and because of that he was some kind of loose canon or some shit. I didn't take it in that much when we talked as it was in the middle of discussing other things, but Simon has always be very perceptive and an excellent judge of character. I certainly trust his judgement in this case more than mine.

He told me to completely stay right away from him, which I was going to do anyway, but he made the point of saying to even just stay away from the pub altogether. I'm taking his advice on this.

Apart from simply avoiding confrontation, it's also very important with HIV to avoid too much stress and aggravation. They can directly affect the immune system. HIV is a serious disease, and I have to recognise and remind myself of that on occasions such as this. To have the tension of him being even anywhere near me may in fact impact on my health condition re the HIV. Certainly not a laughing matter at all. I just don't need that shit.

I will know more about where I stand on this after Monday when the court bloke rings to discuss the whole thing and see if I have a real complaint or not. They would know much more about it all than me, particularly in legal aspects. Most importantly however I do need to be very aware of my HIV condition through all of this and to listen, take note, and follow the best advice I can. I guess I better let the court bloke know of my vulnerability here if he thinks it necessary. Being HIV+ certainly isn't normal, and may involve more protection needed from someone than a negative person, I just don't know yet. Early days.

I think it's so sweet of Simon to be worried about me like this. I shows that he still cares.  

No comments:

Post a Comment