Wednesday 18 January 2012

Day off tomorrow

Welcome back Blogsurfer to my humble corner of the internet. I'm pleased you're back with me again.

I was so tired today. Didn't sleep so well last night, think I ate too close to bed. It couldn't have been the beer, surely! Plus it was warm and humid, had the window open all night. No breeze but it did help. Haven't used the air conditioner for weeks as it's been unusually cold here. Coldest December for 51 years in fact. Got the electricity bill the other day, was only a bit over $200 for the quarter. Nearly fainted. The one before that was from the coldest July in 51 years also, and we had heaters going full blast. That winter bill was over $500. Nearly fainted at that one too, but for the reverse reason.

So at work was exhausted. Even the bloke working with me commented that I looked half asleep. Even 3 cups of rocket fuel strength coffee didn't help. Couldn't stop yawning and it was such an effort. Thank fuck I'm not there tomorrow. I of course have the appt at the local court for the AVO.

Have never done an AVO before. Hope it's not too much of a hassle. Dept head at work asked me if I was OK, and I explained a bit and not to worry. The only one who's not worried about it seems to be me. I still find the whole thing funny, I do have very black humour. But would have to admit am a bit freaked out at just how concerned some people are about my safety in the whole matter. It's lovely that they care (awe; they care about my death threat, awe....) but it actually worries me how they're so worried. Fuck, does that make sense?

I've just spent about an hour or so battling with the printer to work again. I had to get the thing working as I needed the summary thing they wanted for the AVO. I dunno WTF is going on with this printer. In the end I started pulling plugs out of the wall. It appears to have worked, for now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment