Monday 9 January 2012

Death threat

I finally got the printer fixed! OMG I don't believe it! It was one of those things that I was just at a loss, after repeatedly trying different things. In the end I went to Control Panel and removed the whole printer drivers from there and started from scratch. Looked up the manufacturers site and found some updated driver software for that model printer, downloaded that (about 30 megs or so) and did a clean installation without overwriting anything that was still there from previously. 

It appears to have worked! Fuck I nearly bloody fainted. This has been going on for about a week now, and there's some things I really needed to get printed for tomorrow and was just about out of time. 

I've got the $guru tomorrow, am taking in the 42 question application form for early release of my super to pay debts. Have been working on this bloody form for about 2-3 weeks. They want everything backed up by documentation, and I mean everything. As I don't get much physical mail anymore I've had to print out the latest statements from online, as well as scanning and printing copies for ID proof (passport, citizenship cert). Didn't realise how much I needed that printer until it shit itself and refused to play.

Am also considering my options regarding the crazy person from the pub. The message he left on Facebook the other night hasn't bothered me as he appears to be a very confused person sexually. Much of it is simply a very predictable homophobic rant, IMO outing him as a bit of a closet dweller. But I do take notice of how he threatens me as he did in it.
 
He only goes like that when he's been drinking, but that's no fuckin excuse as far as I'm concerned. The whole tone of the message shows that when he was writing it he was completely off the air and out of control. I'd not have liked to be in the same room with him. I'm currently considering, with others, an AVO against him (Apprehended Violence Order). 

1 comment:

  1. hi peter,
    he really sounds like an ahole. you should report him to the police. you don't need that kind of shit from anyone.
    i hope your meeting goes well tomorrow.
    Jade

    ReplyDelete