Saturday 7 January 2012

A bit of entertainment

Feeling a bit ill today. Wasn't very well yesterday at work, the usual sore throat and mouth thing. Not too bad, but have a headache on top of it. Did have rather a bit to drink last night, so no surprise am not so well today I guess. Am using the gargle stuff from the chemist. It works so well that stuff, kills the germs and clears up mouth ulcers quickly. Wished I'd have known about it years ago, as (as I've said) I've gotten mouth ulcers all my life. They can be very painful at times. 

I ditched the new plan from the ISP that was going to bundle together the home phone and net for a cheaper price. Was still in the 2 week cooling off period so it was no dramas to cancel it and just leave everything as it was. They started to have this major crisis over my address being changed, after they had made the mistake of putting it down wrong in the first place. All it was was to change one digit, but it was all too hard for them. Then  they wanted me to fix it somehow, WTF? In the end I just told them to forget the whole thing. I was put through to head office, and OMG I was actually talking to someone in Australia and not India. Fuck I nearly fainted.

Been a strange sort of week. Sort of withdrew into myself a bit over that mean comment said the other day. I was annoyed that such a small thing had had such a big impact on me. Met up with a mate yesterday for a drink after work, and it was a bit of a De-briefing chat about the whole incident. Helped me to see things differently and that it wasn't a good idea to let someone intimidate me like that. 

We went and had a beer at the local pub after that. Sat outside away from where the guy was as I felt more comfortable. Later however we went inside as it was getting cold (can't believe this crazy weather; cold in bloody Jan) and the bloke was inside also, on his own, glaring at us. He came over to our group, words were exchanged, and in the end I told him to "FUCK OFF", in those precise words and with the capitals indicating that yes, I yelled it. I'd say a reaction to being so hurt earlier in the week. 

So the bouncers chucked him out as he was going off his brain. Then they told me to leave, which I was fine with but pointed out to the bouncer that he was still outside the door there going bananas. There was no way they were going to let me out there with him there like that, as they had an obligation to protect people in such circumstances. So I asked if I could have another beer, and was let too. Although they did say that was the last one. We left as a group not long after and he was gone.

Today I got an email saying he'd left a message on my Facebook. Oh how predictable I thought. And when reading it it was so full of cliches and the usual hate stuff that I laughed. Still, I may take it to the police. I took a screen shot and emailed it to him along with some other people, and told him I was considering involving the police with it and he better back off immediately. 

You know, it does perhaps sound a bit of a worry. But after dealing with HIV, he's nothing. More like a bit of entertainment than anything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment