Monday 20 January 2014

Latest psych visit re daughter

I was only there for about 40 mins of the hour, but it was a very productive meeting. We talked about the latest of the daughter happenings, as the appt after only 2 weeks was meant for that. There's a few things that stick in my mind about it.

He looked pretty shocked that my daughter had rung David's work to try and get him fired. My daughter's phone tirade of denial about it was without me telling her that the person that rang not only accused him of being on drugs, but also said that David had split up the relationship between my daughter and I. My psychologist found that to be an incredibly spiteful and mean thing to have done (let alone be involved in). I knew it was a friend of my daughters that rang (from the bosses description of the voice and mannerisms to David after the call) and that she did it so my daughter could say she didn't. Pretty much. 

My daughter seems to live in this strange delusion that her 51 year old father is an old fart who doesn't know shit, not even know her (apparently even though I bought her up I don't know her). Alas she'd do much better with me as she treated my like a person at least as intelligent as her friends. Not a fuckwit like she has. At least respect me that much FFS.

Doesn't she realise I've had rather an intimate association with drugs on various occasions in my life? That I know how it all works with drugs? That I've been there and done it and it's not the big shinny new cool thing like it is at the start? Does she think I'm a fuckin idiot who didn't learn anything by it? *sheesh*  Kids! FFS!

He thought that I've handled everything pretty good. I said I felt a lot better after my daughter's uncle out of Sydney was happy to keep in touch with her as he's doing. Maybe even take her to where her mother's buried with her grandmother. I said I thought that was fine, but she needed full on counseling in some manner as she's got all this misdirected anger coming out in all facets of her life. She's still angry about her mother dying. But try and get her to see some free help? All she considers that as is an admission that there's something wrong with her. She thinks there isn't. Silly girl.....

She' reacting to her emotions and not in any rational way. I related how I thought that she was behaving as if she was slightly psychotic (drug use?). She actually seemed to think it was OK to move large amounts of drugs through my home, lying to me saying there wasn't anything there. That it was OK for her boyfriend to live there 5-7 days a week without paying any rent, whilst showering and eating what she made for him in the kitchen. Coffee's and all. That it was OK for her boyfriend to move large amounts of drugs through my house without telling me, in fact lying and saying there was nothing here. What fuckin planet is she on?

Then she get's mad with David (he's much more perceptive than I being a nurse) as he started demanding that it stop, and seeing that it hadn't when she said it had. David was actually very patient because of me, with the whole situation. I mean poor guy, he starts living here and ends up having to point out WTF is actually happening in my house. I'd been absent for 6 months living at David's after we met, so when he moved in here with me and we were home all the time, it was obvious things had escalated in my absence.

Psychologist also aghast at how emotionally young my daughter was behaving at times. I suggested like a 10 year old at times. He agreed.

I mentioned how much I'd thanked David just for being here through all of this time. I honestly don't know where I'd be now had he not been there to support me through it. I said it to him again this afternoon before he was off for work; thanks for just being here....

My daughter's pushing all the buttons (according to her this must be some surprise attack as I "don't know" her) but I'm not biting. She's raised the stakes as far as she can go. She's expecting me to fall in a heap like I've done in the past during the break down. It appears she doesn't know me at all now. I'm over it baby. Grow up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment