Saturday 23 March 2013

Gross stupidity - Australia Post

So I take the tracking email to the local post office yesterday and hand it to the lady behind the counter. She goes out the back and returns after some time with two parcels. WTF? 

"OMG" I thought, "One of them is the missing parcel! I found it!" But then the mystery deepened.

Written on both of them, by the Australia Post contractor, was "Doesn't live at this address". WTF? The lady is pointing to this like I've given the company the wrong address. Of course that wasn't true; there's the little matter that I've been living here for five years, and have received books from that exact company previously at the exact address written on the parcel.

So I asked where the hell this contractor bloke was taking the parcel. She said he wasn't there that day but would bring it up with him when he was. I explained where my house was (he'd told her it was a block of units, WTF?) and that it was only two doors up from a local service station. She was surprised at how simple it was to find. The street number is in big letters on the front of the house, and the number 1 (is a divided house) is on our front door. I mean FFS it couldn't be any bloody easier.

Incredibly, after about a week of some Australia Post investigation that'd turned up nothing, the book was just sitting out the back at my local post office. So much for their investigative capabilities. 

So now I have two books. Maybe I should ring the company on Monday and ask them if they want the other one back. And I have an imbecile at my local post office who will I assume continue to deliver anything I order in an eparcel to some mysterious unit block and claim I don't live there. Suppose I can get around that by the parcel needing me to sign for it, that way it'll end up in the too hard basket at the post office.

No comments:

Post a Comment