Saturday 9 March 2013

Dental hospital appointment

I sort of staggered to the first floor and took my appt letter to the counter, wondering about cancelling the appt and making another one. The waiting area had about ten rows of chairs and was about half full of people. I made my way to the very back and sat down, utterly fucked up from the spewing and feeling sick from the bus. The air conditioning in there was working marvellously though and was cooling me right down. After a few minutes, in which I spent the time mopping my forehead with the tissues given to me by the bus passenger, and even my head as my hair was all wet with sweating. By the time a dentist came through the door and called my name I was feeling much less sick.

Went through and there was about ten or so large cubicles, each all decked out as a dental surgery. Was taken to one of these and the dentist clarified the health form I'd filled out, and health history. That was a bit of an eye opener when I filled that out the other day, as I ticked so many things that were wrong with me. At the end it asked how I would describe my health, giving choices from "poor" to "excellent". Saw no other choice but to tick "poor". 

After that was an examination, at which time I was informed I had bad gum disease and that I should adjust the way I brush my teeth. Also that the front 4 top teeth were un-savable and needed to come out and some kind of dentures put in there. Just what I wanted to hear after my bus experience.

Being as this was only an "emergency" appt though, they could take the teeth out then if they were bothering me, but that the "emergency" appt thing meant that they'd not be able to fit dentures. Well, fucked if I'm gonna walk around with 4 front teeth missing. The other option, which I chose, was to leave them in and I get put on a waiting list, and it all gets sorted out in a regular appt.

So that was it basically. I'm now proudly on a dental waiting list. Have no idea how long or short the wait will be. They will send me a letter.

Lovely. I want my old dentist back.

No comments:

Post a Comment