Sunday 5 October 2014

The minority "threat"

A note about the current media circus terrorising us at every turn (look away from the telly, look away!). It's worth mentioning here that everything Abbott's doing to Muslims now he's already done to gays. He's even stopped us getting married. Hence I feel very strong unity with any other minority that is demonised in the same way, such as is what's happening now with Muslims.

Remember this one, Abbott feels "threatened" by gays. It was bad enough back when he said it. Imagine him saying that now whilst he's beating the terrorism drums.

Imagine he said to the Muslim minority in Australia that they weren't allowed to get married anymore, and that he was "threatened" by them. Well that's what he's done to us. I can't marry David now because of him. We could've gone down the road to Canberra, but even after some gays being married under the new laws were passed there, Abbott annulled their marriage and canned the whole thing.

Can any straight person imagine having their marriage annulled because they were straight when they were married?

Usually I'm not into hate. Takes too much energy and is destructive. But I can honestly say I hate this man, whatever that means for my mentality.

On top of that he's tried to fuck over my measly disability pension. 

How can I not but hate someone who has purposefully gone out of their way to say I'm not as equal as him? Because I'm gay. Because I'm on the Disability support pension. Have been constantly amazed at his gov's ability to try and fuck me over. 

 

Update:

From Mungo MacCallum on the burqa and gays. 
Of course, this is not the first time Abbott has found his prejudices to be a little impolitic. A few years ago he told the world that he was "threatened" by the idea of homosexuality; earlier he expressed reservations about multiculturalism. But as Prime Minister, he has been a little more careful. He has even kept his mouth shut about his lifelong opposition to abortion. But this time, for one reason or another, he cracked, and then had to retreat in the wake of a widespread and well merited public backlash. more  

No comments:

Post a Comment