Saturday 22 November 2014

Response to complaint Emergency Dept

This stemmed from the other night when I slipped out of the bath doing a half somersault into the edge of the toilet bowl splitting my head open. David made the complaint, so enraged he was at what happened. I myself don't remember a lot of it as I was falling in and out of sleep. Thought I'd only been there about an hour but it was much longer.

Anyway the reply was a complete joke. None of the issues raised in the complaint were addressed; that being that no neuro OBS were done on me for nearly 4 hours upon arrival at the hospital in an ambulance, me being left alone in the Emergency waiting room. Also that a nurse lied to David saying I'd been assessed by two doctors (I wasn't, just the triage nurse who also took no neuro OBS). Also that he overheard a nurse saying they weren't going near me as I was bleeding and infectious (HIV). Nothing was even mentioned in the reply about any of that. 

The nurses also accused David of "verbal abuse" and that they were afraid to approach me as they feared physical violence from David..... .oh please... The big gay nurse David is going to clobber other nurses in an Emergency dept? Give me a fuckin break man. Yes he became animated and cutting in his comments, but who wouldn't in such a circumstance? He never swore and never threatened violence. The nurses just didn't like what he was saying, simple as that, accused him of "verbal aggression" and called the A team security. What a joke. As soon as someone raises a complaint about how they're being treated, understandably frustrated and raised voice, they call security and accuse them of threatening violence. Well what about the threat to my physical condition from negligence? How's that for a threat? So it's become about David now as well, and the insult to his character. Nurses trying to cover their fuckin asses.

Here's a good one. When we were in the waiting room and the nurse was behind the counter tapping on the PC and mobile phone, he claimed he observed me "from behind the counter". Is this a new way to take neuro OBS then? Have they got some kind of new you beaut remote control neuro OBS takerer? Fuckin hell man. That's just an insult to our intelligence.

Here's another one. The triage nurse didn't take any nuero OBS but went over and discussed with the doctor about me. Evidently she was claiming this was a doctor "assessing" me FFS. I certainly wasn't seen by any doctor. The reply stated that I was walking with a "steady gait". I never walked anywhere until I was sent to the waiting room. Is that the doctor's assessment then, watching me go to the waiting room after they'd decided to send me there without even doing OBS? There you go, a new way to take neuro OBS, see how you walk after the fact. Nothing was said about David supporting me walking BTW.

It just went on and on, bullshit on top of bullshit. David's so pissed off he doesn't want to know about it anymore. I however have decided to take up the offer from our ACON social worker to advocate for us with this, sending her off a scan of the reply and a long email. Will get an appt with her when she's able to discuss this further.

Simply, I don't want this to happen to any other HIV person that turns up at that Emergency Dept. The nurses behaved terribly and there was no excuse for it.

Update:

Seeing the social worker next Wednesday at my GPs medical centre. Turns out she goes there once a week seeing people. How very convenient :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment