Saturday 29 November 2014

David found System Restore on my Windows 8!

Was pulling my bloody hair out yesterday. One of those ghastly PC problems that you don't have the faintest idea how to fix. BitTorrent was playing up. Eck! At stake was my whole download setup of torrents and free telly watching! That's not a small problem, as torrent downloaders would know. 

Suddenly the whole program refused to open. Thought I may just have to uninstall the thing and do a clean install from online, no great hassle. But the program wouldn't uninstall, Windows 8 reckoned it was still running FFS. 

So after about half an hour getting more and more pissed off, David comes over looking at the screen. He doesn't have a lot of PC experience but he pointed to this little tiny word down the bottom left that said "Restore". Eureka! 

I was almost in shock. Have looked everywhere on this silly Windows 8 for System Restore ever since I got the thing. Windows 7 has it in System Tools but for some reason unknown to man they didn't put it there for Windows 8. And do you think I could find it? Not on your life.

So in short I restored the system and the torrents were away again, phew.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment