Thursday 13 November 2014

I'm finished with BGF

I'm still fuming this morning so it must be time to write about it and get it out of my system! Grrrrrr!

Honestly, I just don't know WTF is going on with that place. They've fucked me around every step of the way the last few months. They're worse than Centrelink, and believe me that's really saying something. Every little step forward involves providing absolute and undeniable proof of your eligibility to receive even a cent from them. This is an organisation supposedly there to help people like me, not treat me like a bloody suspect.

The final straw came yesterday. They said they would pay for half of my non-HIV medications ($3 of the $6 charge) which I thought oh well OK. Those $6 charges can add up pretty quick, and in about 6 weeks I'd built up $42 worth of chemist reciepts, of which they were to pay half. They'd already got my list of meds from my GP signed in his blood, so I scanned the chemist receipts into a PDF and sent it off to them. Simple I thought. They had said the money would go into my bank account. 

Well it just turned into shit from there. Soon after an email reply, rejecting all the receipts except one. They said that was the only one on the Dr's meds list I gave them, and questioned if the other receipts were even current. Oh FFS!! WTF?? Did they honestly think that I would go through all of that trouble to rip them off for fuckin $21?

The fact of the matter was that everything was current as the dates obviously showed. The meds were also exactly what was on my doctors list, just different brand names from the chemist. The ingredients exactly the same. I exploded in a firie email back. How can they reject this when they're not even a doctor? Did they even do a quick search to make sure they were the right ones? No, they just reject it and insinuate I was trying to rip them off.

So that's it. Enough. I'm ending my relationship with BGF. I won't even bother opening any emails from them and I'm never walking in that place again. I used to earn $55,000 a year, now they want me to just about beg for a pissy $3 per script? To some ignorant fool without any idea of meds? Oh fuck off. They can keep their fuckin money if it's that fuckin important to them.

In future I will seek help through our new ACON social worker.  

No comments:

Post a Comment