Monday 15 March 2010

First post.

Today I realised it has been just over one year since diagnosis. About 16 months since infection.

I work for a large company, but only 3 people there know my status. Many who work there just wouldn't understand; they are family people from Western Sydney.

I'm getting rehab treatment onsight for a work injury, and today I told the 4th person as he was in charge of that rehab and it was a related health issue. Now there are 4 people who know. Disclosure is such a minefield! He was really good about it but rather ignorant of the latest advances in meds and all.

It's been difficult at work lately as it's a physical job but have been getting very fatigued. Last week had 2 days off and spent most of them in bed asleep. My last blood results were very good, but my body uses all it's energy to fight the virus and I'm easily exhausted. Starting to wonder how much longer I can keep going with this job.

Today I got the blood taken for the next quarterly result. They will SMS me with them in about a week and a half.

I'm not on meds yet as am relatively healthy. CD4's high and viral load low.

Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment