Tuesday 23 March 2010

Still Not So Psycho!

Very encouraging visit with psychologist this morning. Although body is battered and bruised, it appears my head has remained intact! Yippey! No lasting suicidal thoughts, no lasting depression, actually spent time smiling and laughing in the session.

Felt I needed a sounding board to see though. Given my mental state last year it certainly wasn't worth the risk. Not one of those brave/tough people any more who staunchly battles on through thick and thin alone. These days I'll freely admit when I'm in trouble and need professional help. It's there, available, free, why not use it?

One thing he mentioned that didn't occur to me. The fact that I'm HIV+ makes what the cops did even worse. Also the fact I'm not that young any more, am approaching 50. You can't just throw someone around like that at that age and in that condition. They didn't know about the HIV admittedly, until later on with the doctors at hospital when I told them of it (as you of course need to do). It's got me wondering now if they then considered they'd made a big mistake. It will be interesting now if they actually do follow through with charges in the mail.

Also the hope that this whole thing will be just a bump in the road (well a very large bump). Yes it was a shock and all, but well life goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment