Sunday 21 March 2010

Support

Lovely night of pain last night. Spent it inhaling pain pills, saying "ugh" a lot when moving, and mopping the sweat off my face. Brilliant!

The sweating often happens because of the HIV. Even with air conditioning on I still sweat sometimes. Have a towel on my pillow now permanently to soak it up. Mainly on the top part of my body for some strange and bizarre reason. Having a (likely) cracked rib and painkillers on top of the sweating makes for rather an uncomfortable time. The pills make me sweat even more, along with the anti-depressants. Was lucky I have strong pain pills anyway because of the knee, otherwise I'd have really been in the shit!

People have been very supportive. Know a few at the local pub that I often chat to, they've been getting me up there to get me out. Nobody can believe what happened on the bus! And have been in contact with a guy out of Sydney who I've gotten very close with. It makes all the difference to have someone like that in your life who genuinely cares.

Early days yet with this guy, but the times we have been together have been very intense. It's rare to feel so strongly so early on by both people. Told him about the HIV and he's not fazed. We live very separate lives though. Don't know quite where this will end up, but certainly don't want to let go of what we have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment