Wednesday 6 October 2010

Court; the results of todays hearing

The day finally came. Glad solicitor representing me as he did much that I'd not have known in the slightest. Got the case relegated to a friendly magistrate, and it turned out the police prosecutor and him knew each other from way back and were very friendly with each other. After a bit of a chat together the police side of things became much more reasonable. 




There was nothing recorded with the good behaviour bond I'm still on until next July.

The "Resist Arrest" was treated as a section 10A conviction, not sure what that means other than no conviction recorded.

The magistrate told the Transit Police that they should have "thicker skins" (they reported to the Police themselves that me telling them to hurry up was offensive).

The ribs were deemed as "accidental", being the result of us falling out of the bus (WTF? - the bloody Keystone Cops!).

I was fined $450 for offensive language ("cunt").

Vasso (solicitor) said it was "less than a slap on the wrist". He may be right given all involved with the bond and resist arrest.

I will soon email the Ombudsman's office with above results to see if they want to take any further action or not. They told me they wanted to know any comments made regarding the police behaviour; I assume that includes the Transit Police as well which were in a joint operation with the cops. Being as the Resist Arrest charge is gone, they may proceed with something? Who knows. It may not quite be over yet. If they want to continue with something I'll follow it.

All in all a very good result today. A pissy little fine, and the end of court for me and the solicitor.  Suck shit you dumb cops.

No comments:

Post a Comment