Saturday 30 October 2010

Work dramatics

Things came to a head last week at work. One person off on holidays for 3 weeks, sort staffed, pressure on. Other bloke I work with is a bludging no hoper who spends half the day chatting and the other half doing fuck all. This means that I have to take up the slack and do work that would otherwise be done by him if he was competent. 


The dept head got in Thurs morning and had a stress at me about 5 fuckin minutes the day before when I wasn't manning the machine. A short time later I had a massive dummy spit back at him, about the other bloke and WTF are you stressing at me for? His bludging has been going on for ages, he gets away with blue murder, and nothing ever gets done about it. Later in the evening after work I sent the dept head an email:


After today I am seriously considering handing in my notice, which probably includes a massive amount of holidays I suppose.... Disappointed smile

After the morning dummy spit it became very apparent that G___ and his spies had overheard the exchange (not that I give a fuck). And at the end of the day I overheard K____ saying to him "He finishes up at about 5 past, sometimes a bit after". The fuckin cleaner, preaching lies to a fuckwit, about me. 

FFS!

As far as I care they can all get fucked. With what I've got I will have no problem going on sickness benefits and moving out of Sydney to a mates place. I have been through way too much shit to give a fuck about it all. The mates place is lined up and ready to go. So am I.

This is obviously a transitional period for me when I may go one way or the other. It is about ME now, nobody else. My own mental health takes precedent. I'm sure you would understand where I'm coming from. 

Presently I am very much in favour of leaving. As my job now seems to be constantly bailing out a fuckwit I honestly can't come up with any reason to stay.

Peter.


He came and spoke to me about it as soon as he read it after getting in Fri. I explained to him that I wasn't imminently considering resigning in a massive hissy fit after nearly 12 years in the job, but that the situation at present was unsustainable, unworkable, and if something wasn't done I would in the long run end up leaving over it. 


I mean FFS, here I am fuckin HIV+ (which the dept head knows) and having to work harder and harder because of an incompetent fuckwit who couldn't work himself out of a fuckin wet paper bag! Sheesh! 


The holdaying staff member will be back after a week, and he has promised to do something about it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment