Saturday 2 October 2010

A bit of social withdrawal

Have been in a shit of a mood for about a week now. Overreacting to silly things. Slightly lost the plot a bit there. Nothing new for me I suppose.


I used to be very empathetic to other people, tried to understand their position. Now it's like I don't have the energy to worry about them. Don't like being like this, but it's just how I am presently. 


Considered staying home and not doing the pub chat thing for the long weekend. I seem to be stepping on everyone's toes. But then I thought WTF? Banning myself from the pub? Am I insane? I doubt withdrawing from people would be any solution. Certainly hasn't been in the past. Perhaps this is where I find out who are really my friends; those who accept me warts and all. They know what I'm dealing with and the benefit of the doubt if I go slightly troppo now and then.


It's a huge week next week. Tues get the results of the second HIV blood test on the meds. See psychologist after that for an hour. Wed is court day; my first appearance re the charges of offensive language and resisting arrest (solicitor has appeared for me until now). It is a hearing. Am really nervous about it. Thursday I go to the next appt of the blood pressure pill trials to see how I'm doing there; it has come down a lot since the beginning and after being put up to higher and higher doses of the new pills. Friday supposed to go to dentist, may cancel that one, enough is enough for one week!


J, the new flatmate will be moving in this weekend. Room is finally cleared, just needs a good vacuum. Posted a pic earlier with all the stuff in, good grief! Anyway the before pic:






The after pic:




It's quite a big room, am asking $150wk for it, that's not even half the rent for the place here. J does casual agency work so I was happy to take just $100wk if she's in a bit of bother with work. Very unpredictable casual work.



2 comments:

  1. phantomtexasrose3 October 2010 at 14:18

    I have just caught up with all the going's on. Hadn't read since S's last day. So glad you found a new flat-mate. She sounds just the ticket! Hope it works out well for both of you. The room looks amazing with all the stuff gone! So glad it went well with you and your old flat-mate. So good of him to come and get his stuff - and be so nice to you while he was there! Hope S will be able to come and be with you for the court date. I understand how stressful that will be for you - having to see those miserable excuses for cops again and hearing their lies about you. If you and S live together will you stay in Sydney or will you move to his place - or have you even thought that far yet? Know that I love and support you and pray that everything goes well with both your doctor appointments and the court date. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day C, yes I know you've had a plateful darl! S coming week after next, and no we haven't thought that far ahead yet. We both get on really well when together and really want to live together, but there's so much involved. I work and live in Sydney, have done so since 1985, and am way too young to retiring to nowhere's-ville. S isn't that enthralled with the hustle and bustle of Sydney either. Oh the dramas!

    ReplyDelete