Friday 22 October 2010

Overdoing it

My body still has it's limitations. Being much healthier with an undetectable viral load doesn't negate the fact that I still have HIV. I've found it can be easy to forget this at times, thinking my body has the stamina to do things like it used to.


For a start the drugs I'm on a very heavy. HIV medication isn't like taking an aspirin or two a day. Even though I'm used to them now they still can knock me around. Some days I seem more affected than others, at times tired and in some sort of detached state all day. This isn't from the HIV itself but from the medication used to control it. The antidepressants I'm still on are still at a very high dose. And even though I'm used to them I still even now feel a bit stoned for a couple of hours in the morning after taking them, this on top of the HIV medication and it's effects. Add to that anti-inflammatory's for the continual aches and pains from work, along with Panadene Forte. And the blood pressure pills are also at a high dose. All this must take some sort of toll on my body.


Work has been very busy last few days. Wed and Thurs I'd have lifted a total of 4 tonnes of paper per day easily. This morning I'd had a bad nights sleep and was just too tired to get up. Rang the boss/dept head, who was very understanding as he knows I'm positive. I'd reached the limit of my body's resources to deal with all it is re medication, as well as working. I'll have to take it easy the next few days before Mon to recuperate. 


Have decided to go to the Planet Positive tonight. While S is in town it'd be a good night out to relax and say hello to people over a few beers. Not planing on overdoing it though.... least the demon alcohol get me again! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment