Friday 26 April 2013

Dentist nerves

Got the second appt with the dentist today. Am getting the other three front teeth removed that are loose, and the partial plate fitted. Don't mind saying I'm feeling a bit scared. The other very loose tooth was nothing and came out on it's own, but I've never had three teeth pulled out in one go before. In fact I've never had any teeth pulled out before.

Of course they know I have HIV so that isn't a problem. Hope I don't bleed a lot anyway. And of course these days dentists are very good with pain control.

Still a bit mystified as to exactly why they got so loose. The dentist reckons eventually more in the back are going to get loose too. The dental hospital told me it was because of gum disease, and this one pointed out the bone loss around the teeth roots as well. Perhaps it's just being 50, I mean I haven't done too badly to have still had all my teeth at 50.

It's actually been rather a laugh over the last week and a half with a missing front tooth. Was at the pub waiting to get a beer at the bar other day and when they asked who's next the bloke next to me pointed at me and said "The good looking one there", at which time I laughed and smiled at him. He and the barman both laughed in surprise at the gaping hole in my mouth, ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment