Friday 5 December 2014

Karl Stefanovic's interview with Abbott - rage behind the scenes


OK so we all know the interview the other day between these two old mates, and how Stefanovic turned on Abbott. Word has it though that there was much more that went on than what went to air. Unfortunately I can't find the video of it, the unedited version, as apparently it's been taken off all forms of online media. Never the less, the true story of what happened is far more confronting to Tone.

When I first read it I thought it was a piss take, but it's a legit article written by a very old independent newspaper that's only recently gone online. Here's what really happened:
The Prime Minister insisted that the “budget started to come under control the day the government changed”. 

“Now, I don’t pretend that this parliament has been easy for us, not for a second do I pretend this parliament is easy for us, but we have already made substantial changes.” 

But it didn’t end there, with Mr Abbott asked whether he was “worried” that he might be a “one-term wonder”. 

Karl Stefanovic venomously dug in the boot with a verbal spray that showed a far more political-charged side to the television personality. 

“Mate, you’ve got rocks in your head if you think we are buying your shit. I spend each day of my life answering to the greasiest media executives you’ve ever met… I would still take their word over yours. I wouldn’t f**king trust you with my wife at my wedding!” 

Abbott responded quite sternly to Stefanovic’s outburst “Just remember who you are talking to, Karl” 

Karl returned fire once again 

“I know exactly who I’m talking to. A backward, bank worshipping, concrete cowboy. You are nothing more than a former amateur boxer… But you act like you’ve taken as many hits to the head as Fenech. I’m sorry Tony, but I don’t like being lied to.” 

Karl Stefanovic then removed himself from the set while the Prime Minister was still on the air. He is yet to comment publicly on the outburst. more  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment