Wednesday 31 December 2014

Brother from NZ coming tonight

He's up in Brisbane with his son and they're flying in for a two night stay before heading back to Brisbane and New Zealand from there. Well that's how it's ended up after a bit of bother he had.

Being from Taranaki, he didn't think to book any flights in advance. So he rung me yesterday in a bit of a state. Said all the air tickets were booked out, and really expensive. I'm like yes, that's normally what happens at Christmas and new year. He'd managed to get a plane trip down to Sydney but nothing back. Asked me about getting a train, and could I go on the net to look it up

This was highly unusual. He's prided himself on not having anything to do with the internet and email. This is a bloke who runs a business in Taranaki FFS. So in frustration I've been trying to drag him into the 21st century to at least email. Saying he's missing out on photos and everything. But no, he proudly says if he wants to talk to someone he'll ring them. FFS what is it about Kiwi's and the internet? I know the place is generally ten years behind everyone else but they must be getting the hang of the net by now surely. 

So I had to hold back my laughter when he asks me to go on the net to look up train tickets from Sydney to Brisbane. Ha ha ha ha ha..... So I looked it up and rung his son's phone number. Who doesn't answer. Fuckin Kiwi's, don't even answer their bloody phones. Couldn't get through. So I tried my brother's number that he reckons is all modern and on global roaming or some shit and is the one he's ringing me from Brisbane on. Of course it doesn't work as it's a Kiwi phone number. 

Eventually David tries ringing his son on his phone. Finally the bloke answers. David tells him to get his dad to ring me. Brother finally rings me. I give him the options and he wants the earlier train. I say I'll pay it here, print out the tickets, and they'll be ready when they get here for the train back. He asks "How do you pay for it? With a credit card or something?" ..... Fucks sake man, how the hell does he run a business?

Anyway it'll be interesting to see him again, and his son. Last time he was only a toddler, now he's nearly 30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment