Wednesday 7 November 2012

Accepting being hated

If there's one thing that I've learnt out of this US Presidential election, is that when politics in the US is fever pitch, a large portion of that country views me as a political enemy and against their world view. Involved in some evil plot to take over the world, our secret weapon apparently being sexual debauchery. There is even the inference  that we're only sort of human, as if gay marriage happens we'll all be marrying our poodles. In that sense, American conservative politics hates me. It makes many and huge assumptions about me that aren't true, and makes some bizarre assertion that we should have no influence over the society that we live in. We're gay right? We don't deserve that privilege right? Your gay love for each other isn't real right?

OK it's not a perfect world, it never will be, which is fuckin fine man. Those imperfections can make life interesting enough to live; even in this fucked up capitalist nightmare. I love those times. They seem to come a lot for me though. 

But, hey, sometimes those imperfections can hurt a lot. A really fuckin lot.

I'm on the way now, where I guess many have been before me. I think I'm dealing with it. I'm accepting that I'm hated. Particularly when there's a US Presidential election. Those times I'm hated even more by those who don't accept who the fuck I am. Online.

I can't even describe the pain watching that video just a few posts back. I can't imagine Being there and how my fellow gays there would feel, given that their own country is treating them like this. I have a "gay agenda" if I'm online likely, or comment about this election they probably reckon. WTF? 

I just wanna live my life man. Just leave me alone if you don't like me, fine, whatever. But don't invade my life and tell me what I should and shouldn't do to be moral. That's my decision, not yours. All we want is to be accepted, nothing more. Why is that so fuckin hard?

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment