Monday 28 July 2014

BGF success!

The efforts, filled with frustration and anxiety as they were, have finally come to fruition. I am now the proud recipient of $250 in vouchers towards the $570 electricity bill, provided through BGF :)  Good grief, I feel like framing the bloody things. It was touch and go though, very nearly falling over at the last hurdle.

I had zee Centrelink paperz. All good now that they officially said I was poor (had less than $5,000). That was fine. Then I gave the 10 page printout of the last two months of my account transactions. All fine. Then we go through other details and get to contact details of next of Kin.

Next of Kin......well my daughter hates me and wont even tell me where she's living, so I said David my partner. She goes "Oh..... Are your finances all together?" looking rather anxious. But I was prepared. I said that they sort of were, what's left of them, but I'd printed out the last two months of transactions on his account as well

I had a scary second or two when I couldn't find it straight away out of my big bag of stuff. I did however find it (folded up next to the old Centrelink Income Statement) and presented it sort of offhandedly, to much appreciation. I pointed out the two or so months on it where he had no money coming in at all, and the tax refund cheque that came because his yearly income fell below the tax free threshold.

And that was it! I was then presented with my electricity bill that I'd left with them on Friday, with the $250 of vouchers attached. Fuck me, success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment