Sunday 20 July 2014

House in mourning - Kiera

Well if there's one thing that's come out of all of this, at least now I know I'm a total poof :)   Good grief what a scene it was two nights ago when Kiera died. Two blokes holding each other whilst the cat dies in one of their arms, both with tears aplenty. It doesn't get any gayer than that darlings  :)

People have commented much of my life that I'm "too sensitive". Meh. I guess that's just who I am. WTF am I supposed to do? Switch off my sensitivity somehow and be this really tough bloke from a farming community in New Zealand? Fuck, no wonder I never fit in over there.

I've known Kiera obviously since I met David. A lovely friendly old dear in perfect health at 16 that could melt your heart with a look and a purr. A gorgeous little thing who after spending her whole life with David knew about loving.

David raised her from a very small kitten, having to drip feed her at the start. She's been with him ever since, seventeen and a half years. It was so fitting that she died in his arms. Such was the intensity of the scene

But in that intensity of emotions, David holding her as she died, there was a sense of celebration. This cat had been with David for nigh on 20 years, from when he was in his 20's. All that has happened in his life she has been there as a comfort and friend.

This is the picture he wants done as a memento pic. It was just after David moved in with Natasha and her older sister Kiera. My daughter's nutty bloke cat Felix was just too young and over the top for both of them, this their initial reaction: to band together on the bed, Natasha on guard against any Felix attack on her older sister Kiera. The eyes say it all.....


Natasha seems to be dealing with Kiera's death OK, much because I suspect what David did just after Kiera died. He showed her her body. She was very upset at first, had a horrified expression on her face, and went to a dark corner to hide her face. Later she was sleeping in the same spot that Kiera used to in front of the heater. She's obviously missing her, but she knows the reality of her death and can deal with it as she will. She knows we love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment