Friday 23 October 2015

Severely hung over :(

I've discovered I'm not used to drinking anymore. All this poverty and the user unfriendly doctor telling me to pull back on the beer has taken it's toll on my drinking capabilities. I am but a shadow of my former drinking glory.

So David and I decided to have a few drinks yesterday afternoon, which then blurred into yesterday night. We started at the Oxford, but they're still doing the place up and the only part of it open is the poker machine bit and the small smoking area outside looking on to Oxford st. David put some money in the pokies and won $200, as I watched the somewhat hilarious 2 drunks across the street yell at the wind. One of them took his shirt off and started punching the air, whilst the other got really pissed off with him. They tried to to the big hug "I luve yous brother" and both ended up falling into a sprawling heap on the pavement.

We left there and moved down to The Columbian, which had a much more pleasant atmosphere. David put a few more $ into their poker machines and proceeded to win another $800! Far out! He's the only one I've ever known to get money out of those things. It's to do with knowing when to pull out and take the money. His total winning for the night then was $1,000! Being pensioners it was like winning lotto. The scene was set. It was on! 

We proceeded to have some food from their food people at the Columbian. Utterly exquisite it was. I would highly recommend it. "Meals on heels". They put a table cloth on the pub table and all, and the trans lady bought us the meals. We felt like kings for a night. Pashed at the table, and passing Asian tourists saw us from outside so we gave them something to look at; more pashing :) To Asian tourist thumbs up and big smiles and nods of approval. David had a bit of a sing in the karioki a bit later.

By this time I was getting rather inebriated, even though I was drinking very slowly. It's the combination of happy pills and drinking capacity failure. David suggested going to Arq. Unfortunately by this time I was well and truly pissed. As I was wearing my big heavy work boots because of the torrential rain outside, I misjudged stepping onto the dance floor and my boot caught the edge of it, sending me toppling over flat on my face (a bit of pungent social comment there I think).

David came to the rescue instantly and in a very manly way picked me up by my belt. Oh it was utterly lovely :)  Must have looked so impressive. Ha ha, I proudly stood up with a smile, like "look at him, he's mine!" The bouncers though made me leave and David equally heroically put me in a cab home.

Today I've spent most of it in bed going "ugh". Like I said, a shadow of my former drinking self. 

No comments:

Post a Comment