Tuesday 13 October 2015

A new illness and a new pill

Had some blood taken last week concerning swollen ankles I've been getting a bit of lately, along with all the other usual stuff. My CD4 count is good at over 800, liver going much better, kidneys just about normal being as they've had a spectacular recovery of late. 

However two other things were "sky high". My cholesterol is way too high and he has to take more tests to find out the specifics of the cholesterol before suggesting treatment. Said I had to look at my diet too, ugh, he's onto me......  Have been on a bit of a baked potato craze lately, evidently not a good thing. Involves dipping chunks of potatoes in oil and cooking them in the oven to a crispy sizzling deliciousness. That and chips, have gotten out the potato chip maker thing (it's brilliant BTW) and deep frying chips.

The other thing that was "sky high" was some sort of blood result indicating gout. WTF? When I hear the word gout I think of someone about 70. But no, the doctor said it can happen at any time of life, and doesn't need to be the extreme manifestation in the form of unbearable pain. I've had virtually no pain other than aching legs at night when I'm going to sleep.

So I've got a new pill for that. Starting me on a low dose he says. That brings my morning pill intake up to 10. "Hip hip hooray!" I said to the doctor. Now I've reached double figures!   

No comments:

Post a Comment