Wednesday 20 January 2016

Muscle spasms in leg


What a night. 

Ran out of Panadol and couldn't find any more. Leg and ankle were having muscle spasms from the pain in my ankle. Have had muscle spasms before over the years in my neck and shoulders from work, can be extremely painful. The muscles tighten around the damaged area to protect it, and in severe cases can tighten for so long as to spasm.

Honestly it's never hurt this bad before. Have had episodes in recent months but nowhere near as bad as this. Out of ten I'd reckon about an eight in pain. Is a constant, not throbbing pain. Like someone has stuck electric current in there and won't stop it.

Finally found a card with 6 Panadol on it at about midnight. Immediately took three. Nurse David is against taking more than two but FFS it's only Panadol! Eventually the pain settled enough to sleep, otherwise I reckon I'd have been awake all night with it. 

Encouragingly this morning the pain is a bit better. Looks like it'll clear up on it's own over the few days after the initial attack, as the other times similar has happened. Am trying to keep off it as much as possible and keep it elevated. The pain seems more localised now, and is mainly coming from the front part of my ankle and top of my foot.   

No comments:

Post a Comment