Wednesday 19 August 2015

"Return to the priesthood Abbott", I can't vote for you - Liberal voter

After 30 years of voting Liberal, this person now looks at Abbott's Lieberals in complete despair. Now politically homeless, they have not the slightest idea how to vote at the coming election. 

This is the sort of soul searching Abbott has inspired now in the "core" Liberal base (that's Lieberal speak BTW). Abbott has so trashed, so poisoned the Liberal brand into Lieberals that even traditional Liberal voters don't want to vote for them.
I find myself wishing I did not care about Abbott's religious beliefs, but I do care. His beliefs influence decisions affecting the community at large and I believe that, as Prime Minister, he has no right to foist his religious convictions on others; if he wishes to promote his religious views, he should return to the priesthood and do so from within a church and get out of politics. 

I should also perhaps add that, for the 30 odd years I have been able to vote, I have always voted liberal, but I now feel completely disenfranchised – unrepresented by the current incarnation of the Liberal party and feeling no affinity to the other parties; one might draw a parallel between the government/opposition and a definition of fox hunting – the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable. 

If there was an election tomorrow, I would be facing a dilemma and, unless there are changes, starting at the top, I would have great difficulty knowing how to vote. Voting for the Liberal party as it currently stands is a big ask. I do not think I am alone in this regard. Read more  

No comments:

Post a Comment