Wednesday 24 November 2010

The Trigger

Think this song was what set me off.  My daughter (who was 15 at the time) was listening too it a lot the months after her mother/my wife died. She'd passed away after many years of illness.


As I did shift work, my daughter would spend much time with her in her bedroom watching TV, videos, talking and laughing together. In many ways she became a young carer for her mother when I was at work. They had mother/daughter talks, got very very close during those times. Because my wife was immobile a lot that seemed to aid the building of their relationship, being stuck in the same room for hours together. They both had the same personality, very fiery but very loving. I'm sure as things got worse my daughter would have asked her about staying around.


Downloaded the song other day and listened to it after years on the MP3 ear plugs. It says exactly how my daughter must have been feeling as her mother slowly died, and after her death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment