Saturday 13 November 2010

Off my face all day

I know I want to be treated as normally as possible, but sometimes I think they forget at work my condition. Other day I had to have off as at the end of the week I was just too tired to wake up and go. This is after days and days of busy demanding work, where I've been taking up the slack for the other fuckin hopeless guy. Got to work with the doctors certificate for the day off, and the dept head asked what was the problem, and I told him honestly that I was just too tired to come. He seemed to think that wasn't a particularly good reason to have a day off. WTF? Do I have to continually remind the guy that I have HIV FFS?


Yes, the viral load is undetectable, but it's still there. Some released every day, to be dealt with by the daily pills. The pills themselves are relatively new and although they appear to work marvelously with the HIV, it's very early days in knowing what long term effects such heavy medications will have on overall health. The pills themselves take a toll. I'd like to think about coming off the happy pills as they too cause fatigue, but that prospect is just way to scary to even think about right now. If not for those pills I'd not be alive today.


Yesterday, Friday, I seemed to have rather a pill sort of day. Woke up feeling very nauseous and tired, couldn't stop yawning all day despite really strong coffee. All day I felt quite detached and spaced out. Was a real effort to get through work, but did it. Completely fucked at the end of the day, just wanted to go to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment