Saturday 2 April 2011

Finally off the steroids

A bit tense around the house presently. Daughter is a bit sick, sneezing her head off, coughing, looks sick too. I told her she looked terrible. It's because she works in child care looking after pre-school kids, who all get sick all the time. Any kind of running nose, cold, flu, when one gets sick they all do. And the Centre staff. She still has her periods on top of that. Fuck I'm doomed! Went out last night just to get away from the atmosphere here (yes any excuse). Went to a club that Simon recommended, it was much better than last week, but still not a lot of guys there. I was thinking of going somewhere else but was so tired from work getting up at 5:30am, and was finding it all a bit boring. I just don't have the patience Simon has when it comes to that sort of thing. He can stay there for 5 hours quite happily. Not me.

Filled up the weekly pill box this morning. I've now fully come off the steroid drugs they put me on in the hospital. So the only thing left now that I take are some blood pressure pills, the happy pills, and that's pretty much it. I do take vitamin C tablets, 1000mg in the morning, big ones they are, but I'm not sure if that counts as a drug. My liver and kidneys must be jumping for joy! It's a wonder I don't have some toxic allergic shock due to lack of pills! When I was on HIV meds before the GKC, think I was up to about 10 pills in the morning. Now it's only 4, including the vitamin C one. 

I've been successful so far in the self imposed ban on the local pub. I've had a couple of beers on the way home from work at another pub down the road, but that's been just quietly on my own and hasn't turned into some great full on piss up. Just nice and relaxing after working all day. I think maybe it's good to give my liver and kidneys something to do anyway. Don't want them going to sleep out of boredom or laziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment