Monday 11 April 2011

Debt dilemmas

Didn't go to work again today, the third Monday in a row. I do have a good excuse being that I'm still recovering from near death though. Have had this fuckin head cold for over a week now, could feel all the crap inside my ears again this morning when I woke up. Succumbed to the evil alcohol again yesterday afternoon as well, oh well, what can I say? Starting to think I've got a bit of a problem here. Just another one to add to my problem collection. Having a few too many beers on occasion though would be way down the list of problem severity. I guess I'll get to addressing it eventually, perhaps after I've stopped thinking about suicide for a while.

Rang Centrelink about the $600 I owe them, turns out with a different payment method I could put it on my interest-free-until-Jan crazy card. So I did. Well done I thought. Have effectively paid $600 off on another card charging interest when they overpaid me, and transferred the money to the interest free card, therefore saving on interest payments. Fuck I'm smart. Got to be when you have fuck all money to play with.

This debt is really starting to worry me. I try not to worry about it as there's much bigger problems going on. I've never been that into money that it's bothered me that much, for me it's all about life, not the mighty dollar. But I've never been in this much debt before. It all happened too out of my control, it was lucky that I had the credit cards to fall back on or I'd have been really fucked. Would've had to get some kind of loan from the bank. But now I'm in debt up to my eyeballs, have no idea how long it's going to take to pay it all off. At least currently I don't seem to be going any further into debt. It does look like I'm at least making some headway into it. It's like a drop in the bucket though.

Have been thinking of pleading financial hardship to my Superannuation fund, and getting a few thousand off them to pay it. Don't want to do that if I can help it, but I may have to in the end. Especially if I get sick again and not working. I have little doubt they'd give it to me, but it would be quite a sacrifice for the fund. Last 6 months it got 7% interest, would be a shame to have to pull money out of that.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment