Saturday 9 April 2011

Work pics

Finally I'm rid of Centrelink! Checked email today and read an online letter from them, telling me my Sickness Allowance had been canceled, Hooray! But it wasn't because I was earning a lot, or because I told them I didn't want their money anymore. It was because I didn't give them another medical certificate half way through last month. So no more hassling around with Centrelink. Fuck feels like a great weight lifted from my shoulders.

Took the camera into work yesterday, this is some of what I do. The guillotine is where I mostly am as it's a full time job in itself. Some of it in the press room, after being printed it looks like this:


Then I take it to be cut. Usually cuts 4 out of a printed sheet to A4 size. Cuts in lots of 1,000 sheets at a time, and stacked on a pallet ready to be packed and put into stores:





Some of the work from last week. The packing guy had to go on holidays at short notice (family emergency) and they didn't have time to organise another packer straight away. So I ended up just putting the pallets back into the print room in the mean time. There'd be about 750,000 stacked on that group of pallets altogether. One job alone there is for 400,000:


Normally I'd do about 6 pallets a day. All together about 3 tonnes of lifting on average. 

Have noticed this week it's been hard work. By the end of the day am absolutely fucked. Come home and been going to bed early, this week was made worse by the head cold (I still have it) and that tooth abscess. Still can't believe I went to work with an abscess, fuck the pain was so bad. Must keep the capitalist system going! Was so hard getting up in the morning, probably the hardest part of the day. Next week can only be better I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment