Friday 29 April 2011

Allergy?

Have had this bloody head cold get worse. Yesterday it caused a terrible headache on one side of my head as my ear was blocked and it started aching. Took Panadol but it did fuck all, went to the pub with Simon and had a meal and a few beers but the fuckin headache didn't go. Bought some mouth spray at the supermarket as it was making my breath stink; tragic under the sexual circumstances! Prety much I guess my immune system not being able to keep up with mouth germs that build up overnight. I had this problem last time I wasn't on any HIV medication. My blood results were good re the HIV, but it seemed to be at the expense of everything else.

Started wondering if it may be some kind of allergy, so went to the Lightning Ridge pharmacy today to get some anti-histamine, and a nasal spray to help with the cloged up head. You can buy it over the counter in Sydney, but here I was given the third degree about what other medications I take, and was told I'd have to see the pharmacist. WTF? Strange. Thought it may be because of the doctor situation out here; you have to make an appt days in advance just to se a doctor. I'd say the pharmacy has stepped in to cover some of the questions people would ask a doctor. Anyway got the stuff in the end, will see how I go on that.

I'm only on anti-depressants and blood pressure pills now. Fuck knows how they'd have reacted if I'd have started telling them I was on HIV medication. Cripes. 

The health system out here is just not up to it for my needs. It seems that there's quite a few very unhealthy people out here. Wasn't expecting to see so many overweight people.

Simon and I have continued to get on extremely well. He will be visiting back in Sydney in about a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment