Saturday 16 April 2011

"On The Buses"

Wow, what an incredibly shitty week this was. Have been sick all through it, am still sick with this fuckin cold. Daughter finally appears to be on the tail end of it so I can't be far behind. It got worse when I went back to work after having 2 days off with it. What a pointless 2 days, accomplished nothing, except me losing about $300 in after tax earnings. Short on money now. Bought some Panadol for it; Panadol now looks like it's the new magic elixir for me as it's harmless on the body. It does fuck all, but at least it's something. Have been feeling a touch better in the mornings after having been taking it. Was starting to get worried about it, just seemed to be getting worse and worse.  Being as my daughter has had it for at least two weeks though I guess I'm just going through what she is. It is a worry with HIV as every time you get something you start wondering how bad it's going to be, and whether you should go to the doctors (over a head cold?) or just soldier on. If you don't go to the docs, might you end up in hospital if you leave things too late?

Went to the dentist yesterday after work for part two of the root canal. There's one more visit after this I think. This one involved drilling out the temp filling and putting stuff in the empty space that used to hold the root nerves, after cleaning it all out. Then putting another temp filling in it to get to the next visit. It will be the week after I get back from Lightning Ridge. Have no more pain there. Is amazing the amount of nerves in your head that are connected to one bloody tooth, and how much pain can be caused by it. 

Autumn is fully here. Is howling winds and pouring rain today in Sydney. Not terribly cold but certainly not summer. Suppose will watch some telly later, need a quiet weekend after last week being sick. There may be something on, who knows. I got all the crap for it, set up with everything, but most of the time I never turn the thing on because I can't be bothered watching the crap on it. HD box thing with an orgasmic hard on drive, that records digital telly. I can never get my shit together to be bothered recording much though. 81cm (32inch) LCD flat screen, all I need really and big enough. Surround sound system. Great, lets go you think, and you turn on all this shit only to find 15 channels of crap. Ugh, what a waste of technology. 

I mean channel Ten has now got 3 digital channels, and it chose to make a HD sports channel. Which is great if you want to watch sports all day, but I don't. And whenever I look at it it always seems to have American basketball on it, which is great if you're an American interested in American basketball, but I'm not. And it just goes on endlessly, on and on and on, with this droning American commentator. Get a headache listening to it. FFS this is Australia not America, can't they put some rugby league or union on? WTF is the interest in endless American basketball? Is it cheap to buy maybe?

Was watching an old show from the '70's last night, "On The Buses". I wasn't allowed to watch it in NZ as I was very young at the time and us kids weren't allowed. So I haven't seen any of them. Some of it's quite funny:


No comments:

Post a Comment