Wednesday 6 April 2011

Feeling better today

Had a really nice bath last night that helped a lot with hurting muscles. As it's a really old house the bath is also really old, and one of those deep ones that you don't see around much these days. When I'm sitting in it and it's full the water is up to my nipples. You can lie back and be fully immersed, just your head at the end out. Have started turning on the electric blanket on the bed too, just one side on low, very nice last night with the fluffy winter sheets. Was still feeling the head cold this morning but did feel a bit better, and survived the work day OK. It was only a head cold I know, but with HIV you have the immune system with it's ass hanging out dealing with the HIV without medication, as I am. There has very likely been a bit of a spike in the HIV viral load too, simply because the immune system has to deal with both the HIV and the head cold at once. 

It was for this reason I'd have preferred to go on medication even when healthy, but as my kidneys have had such a hard time of late the best option for me presently is to let my system deal with the HIV as it's doing now, keeping it well in check. My kidneys can then have a rest from the meds as long as this situation lasts. 

Have been thinking about my daughter a lot the last few days. She's been the one making the effort to rebuild our relationship after all the BS that happened. The reason why she hurt me so much was because she's my own daughter. Now, despite all that's happened, I do have to recognise her efforts at reconciliation. It's been very unfortunate for her also what she's been through at only 20 years old. At one point in recent times, even though she was my daughter, I honestly never wanted to see her again. Right now I think things have changed. There's a bond between a biological father and daughter that stays there always. 

Got to go and do dinner darlings. Haven't checked any email for about 3 days, apologies to anyone who's sent anything. I will get to them but it does look like it might be the weekend before I do. Appreciate the visitors of this blog, I write it like no one's reading it, but lately have been more aware that people actually are reading it. I do hope that in some way it may help to un-demonise HIV+ people, and raise a bit of awareness about the fact that an HIV+ gay is simply a human being like everyone else.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Peter.
    I just wanted to let you know that your writing is very interesting and informative. I think that everybody needs to learn about HIV, firstly, to stop people getting it in the first place, and secondly, with understanding comes acceptance. It's now been almost 30 years since HIV was first diagnosed but there is still so much stigma and it's wrong. For people with the condition that could be just as bad as having it? Nowadays, anybody can have it but it doesn't stop a person being a person. I admire you for your courage and honesty. It can't be easy always living with HIV and the problems that come with it but you are getting on with your life and raising awareness, doing your bit to help others in the same boat as you. Well done and all the best for the future :)

    ReplyDelete