Sunday 10 April 2011

Recovering after the week

Been so tired this weekend. Went to bed last night at 7pm, just couldn't keep my eyes open. Had snacked earlier in the day so wasn't particularly hungry, but felt even too tired to eat. Didn't go straight to sleep, just sort of lay there with the cat for a while. Simon rang after a bit and said hello, but I was drowsy and couldn't talk much. Went to sleep a bit after 8, and got up about 12 hours later after 8am. This last week must have really taken it out of me. Feel better now though, must have needed all that sleep. It was very hard by the end of last week to get up in the morning feeling that tired, will see how this week goes. 

Daughter and I still have the head cold. It's one of those ones that just hangs around for ages. She's still sneezing after a week, still blowing her nose a lot. Part of it may be allergies as she gets allergies with a change of weather, but you can't tell her that. Myself am waking up in the morning with the usual crap in my head and all. Went behind my ears for a couple of days last week and I was nearly deaf in one ear. I put the earplugs in at work and blasted music into it, thinking maybe the sound waves might rattle it free, but to no avail! I still enjoyed the music though, think it was loud enough to hear it in the clogged up ear too.

Today have to do a bit of shopping up the road, got behind with groceries last week just wanted to get home and go to bed after work. I only shop one bag at a time too as it's too hard to get it all back otherwise. Don't have a car, but there's millions of buses so I just get on one of them for the few stops up the road. The local shopping centre is good, has most things there that you need. One bag at a time, I end up going every day or two to get bits and pieces. 

May stop in and have an afternoon couple of beers at the pub there. Seems to work out well that time as I don't end up in the dreaded piss up. Have a chicken concoction happening in the slow cooker on the kitchen bench. Starting to smell edible now.

No comments:

Post a Comment