Wednesday 15 February 2012

On the mend, finally

We finally had sex again yesterday evening. We were both sort of stunned at the way it happened, so suddenly and so intense. The new pills the doctor gave work well with the nerve pain (caused by Shingles) and I was fine. Like an explosion of need. Before we knew it, it was about 3 hours later, and we both realised we were hungry and should have a meal. 

Got up and I did a bit in the kitchen. I feel a bit out of place in there as Simon is a chef and it feels like anything I do may be wrong. I just sort of chuck things together and hope for the best. He knows exactly how to mix things properly and have them turn out marvelously.

It was so good to not be hurting. It was really starting to get me down the constant pain. Sometimes it has been so bad that I've had trouble getting up out of a chair and moving around. Hard to describe. It's the sciatic nerve of course, but as it's so inflamed it seems to have affected other nerves around it too. Not only down the back of my ass and down my leg where the rash is, but on the other side of my lower back, and right up the left side of my back all the way to my shoulders. Gripping pain, debilitating. 

Today the rash is looking much better. Most of the scabs have come off, revealing read patches underneath. I guess that will heal up soon. I may put all these pictures in a separate page, call it "When I got Shingles" or something. Like a documentation of what happened over a couple of weeks.


What I'm worried about now is if there's going to be any remaining pain after the rash is all better. I've read that the Shingles can damage the nerves that they go through to get to the skin. Will talk about it with my doctor if I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment