Tuesday 7 February 2012

The Shingles progresses

Saw this online. Is this a church I can believe in?


Had a much better night last night, slept most of it. Didn't use as many Endone tablets yesterday and so could take one middle of the night when the pain has been getting bad. Simon however said I was dreaming intensely and being very animated with it. Making fists and swearing at somebody. Very unlike me, all 68 kilos. Can't remember any of the dreams either, you'd think I would  being so full on like that. He said I was yelling too, not just mumbled words. And that it went on for a while. He didn't get a lot of sleep last night, whereas I did. I woke up feeling very rested for a change.

The revolting rash appears to be doing everything that they said it would. The blisters are starting to scab over, starting from where the first ones appeared. Showed my daughter today and she sort of freaked a bit. Yes, it may be running it's course, but when sores get scabbed over they always look worse in my opinion, even though it means getting better. The colour is darker and more pronounced. Anyway, this the latest from today:


I've been trying to eat well and rest. Simon is very good with food being a chef and always makes something nutritional and appealing. He's been buying food daily and making stuff. Nothing spectacular but very nice all the same. And I've been eating blueberries like mad. Luckily they're well in season here and the fresh ones are cheap. All the vegetables and fruit is cheap at the moment, after all the unusual rain over the last months the farmers are getting a bumper crop. Tastes better than other dry years too, bought some carrots the other day and just delicious, lovely and sweet.

Texted my supervisor today to make sure they'd gotten my email I sent to the dept head, with the hospital cert for 2 weeks off and the ghastly picture of my leg. Turns out the supervisors brother had Shingles a few years back and she knows all about it. Asked me how I was. That makes it a lot easier with time off at work when there's someone in charge who understands.

No comments:

Post a Comment