Friday 17 February 2012

Ongoing pain after Shingles?

Didn't take anything during last night for pain. Woke up at about 2am and felt a bit sore, but thought I'd just leave it and see how I went. Woke up this morning and OMG, couldn't believe how much I was hurting. Sciatic nerve really painful, and my leg and left side hurting to even touch. Got up to see how I felt walking around. A little better, but fuck I'd not like to go through the day like that. Took one of the new pills, one 5mg Endone, and 2 Panadol tablets. Lay back down in bed and relaxed whilst the pain settled. 

Made an appt with my GP for Monday morning to discuss the ongoing pain. The rash is clearing up really well now I reckon, but the pain levels are excruciating if I've got nothing to take for it. And I want to go back to work this coming Wednesday and if the pain is still near such levels I'm going to need ongoing pain management. 


I only was given a prescription for one box of Endone the other day, only 20, 5mg tablets. Have been trying to not take so many, and have succeeded in that to some extent, but times like this morning I just need to have one. I've not had any history at all of abusing prescription medication. I'll see what the doctor says Monday. 

Simon has had his air ticket to New Zealand organised by his daughter over there. He has to check his email to print out the ticket. Think he said they're wanting him to go Sunday, will know when he prints it out. She's stuffed him around a bit, left him hanging and she's not rung when she said or done what she said. I gave my opinion that if she's had some kind of a collapse like I did, she'd not be able to organise a fuck in a brothel. I'm just hopeless at organising a thing after my episode. 

He agreed last night when we talked about her, I said it's lucky you had a mentally disturbed person like me to be around! Know you'll have experience in that! He laughed and said that yes, after dealing with me he could deal with anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment