Thursday 16 February 2012

Work fucks my pay up, and Simon soon to leave

Work fucked up my pay this week. Really pissed off about it. WTF is going on in that fuckin pay office? I go to the bank site to pay the rent as usual, and see on the screen I've only been paid $200. "Oh fuck" I thought, "I'm fucked".  

I know I only work 3 days a week, but I should have gotten my usual $535 (after tax). $200 isn't even enough to pay the rent of $360, and to top it off my daughter couldn't pay any rent last week as she doesn't get paid holidays in the job she's doing (just being a nanny for a couple with 2 children). I done everything right with work, emailed a scan of the doctors certificate from Emergency stating I had to have 2 weeks off to my dept head. I only had 1 days worth of sick leave built up, so I asked them to use my long service leave that's there which is at nearly exactly 6 days; enough to cover the two weeks. I also have about 8 days of annual leave built up too if the long service leave was a problem.

So what happens? I get paid the one day of sick leave. That's it. $200. Fuckin hell man. The pay office should have asked either my supervisor or  dept head what they wanted to do, instead of just not paying me at all for 2 days FFS! Sent a rather pissed off email to the human resources lady. Dunno what she's going to do, but anyway my daughter is paying $200 this week (she's behind in her rent) so I can make the rent, and if they can't fix it until next payday then I'll just have to live off the credit card for the week. 

Simon's passport has arrived in the mail from Lightning Ridge. He has to find out when his daughter wants him over there in New Zealand before he organises the flights. So I guess he will be flying out early next week sometime. He's very stressed out about it. I mean it's fine to go over there when it's all planned ahead, but it's a big thing I reckon to have to go there unexpectedly. It is another country after all. Plus he's only got the clothes he came here with for a 2 week stay, all light summer stuff. Think he'll be OK though as it's summer there too and it does get quite warm in and around Christchurch. He'll be staying with them in the country about an hours drive out of Christchurch.

It's been really good having him here this time. We've both been able to keep our own space sort of thing. Think we're getting on the best we ever have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment