Sunday 26 February 2012

Getting over the stress

Very tired today. Did a full 7.5 hours yesterday at work. The other bloke turned up to empty the bins just in time as they were all full. He stayed for a couple of hours and there was nothing more to do so went home. Will get paid for 4 as that's the minimum for turning up on the weekend. He was pretty happy about it. Overtime like this doesn't come along every day, so I thought I might as well make the most of it. Made sure I had a coffee break when I felt I was getting tired and paced myself. Put the music in my ears and the day went quite fast. Dunno how much exactly it will be after tax as it will be taxed on the top part of my wage, but it's nearly $400 gross for the day.

Went and had a few beers at the pub after work as a friend of mine wanted to go and he needed a drinking partner. Of course it was very hard for me to sacrifice my time to such a cause! I felt uneasy at the pub after all the BS politics of recent months there, and this was the first time I'd set foot in the place for about a month I think. In fact one person was there talking at another table, he was the friend that I ended the friendship with the other week. He left soon after we got there though so that wasn't too bad. The last thing I felt like was a bloody big shit fight again. That's all it ended up those last few times that I'd been to that pub, was arguments. Couple of times I remember going home in tears. Not a pleasant outing at all. Better off not going. I can't afford to be coping stress like that. I still wonder too if the Shingles attack was caused by the stress from that entire episode. It's not every day you have to take someone to court who's threatened your life, and lose a couple of friends over it in the process. 

The Shingles is continuing to improve. People at work were interested to see how it was going, as I'd emailed a couple of the ghastly pictures to the dept head and he'd forwarded them to my supervisor, who showed some of the workers on her computer on the shop floor. I said it was heaps better when I showed them now, but they were aghast at it even now. WTF? Bloody wimps. I still think it's getting a lot better now, hopefully there'll be little left to show for it after it's all over. 


It's been getting very itchy and I've scratched it a bit now and then. I'm still getting a lot of pain too. The worst is in the mornings, I have to have an Endone pill, the other Lyrica tablets that stop nerve pain, and a couple of Panadol. Sometimes even then it doesn't do the trick. I guess I may have to see the doctor again about managing the pain. Trying not to, but it does appear to be lingering.  

Simon is back from New Zealand on Wednesday. I'm so looking forward to it. Have really missed him these last few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment