Saturday 3 August 2013

A funny meeting

David's cheque finally arrived in the snail mail yesterday and so we stopped at the bank on the way to the pub. I went and sat down over to the side where they had seats next to the bank line and waited for David to get through the line and see the teller.

I noticed some guy a couple of people behind David waving at me. I looked blankly at him as at first I didn't recognise who he was. He'd grown a thick beard since I last saw him. Then it clicked, it was Camilo from my old work. He was the bloke in charge of recycling and paper removal. Went over and said hi, we shock hands.

So I thought this was going to be interesting. Work was work when I was there, and there was so much going on in my life over the years I didn't see any point in announcing every part of it to all and sundry. My sexuality as I continued investigating it wasn't a subject that I was willing to discuss with people for no reason. In short, Camilo didn't know I was gay.

So I turned to David and said "This is my boyfriend, David. David, this is Camilo from work". So I look at Camilo for some shocked reaction......   Nothing.....  Didn't bat a fuckin eyelid! Sheesh! Not much shock value there. Quite disappointing!

In hindsight I think people knew I was gay at work. The ones who knew I had HIV must have put 1&1 together, sometimes I'd be carrying on like a raving queen you know. So I guess people assumed I was and now think nothing of it if I say anything about it.

I laughed about it afterwards. What a coincidence, what are the chances of meeting someone from my old work in a local bank line.

No comments:

Post a Comment