Friday 9 August 2013

The house of spew

Woke up this morning feeling quite ill, before I'd even taken my pills. Stayed in bed for a while, so long in fact that David came back in later on to see how I was. Had taken my pills about 15minutes before and said I wasn't well, and promptly went to the toilet and spewed. Not violently or anything but enough to chuck up the water I took with the pills. Think it was too soon for them to dissolve.

David said that he also was feeling sick. After I eventually got up he was running to the toilet as well. "Oh no" I thought. Perhaps some kind of bad food? We had oysters last night bought fresh from the fish market down the road, and mussels from New Zealand. David is an excellent cook (in fact I let him do most of the cooking now and I wash up).

So we're both sitting here this morning feeling rather under the weather. I'm sipping water and he's plonked in front of the telly.

But there's more. Not to be outdone, Kiera the 17 year old cat got off the computer chair after David's spew, and proceeded to spew herself on the carpet. Poor little thing. She deposited a large mound of cat biscuits and fluid in one pile, followed by two more much smaller fluid spews next to it. 

David said "Fuck, the whole house is spewing!"

Luckily I'm well used to cleaning up spew on the carpet after raising my daughter and have it down to a fine art. Simply get a dustpan and a toilet brush, and expertly brush the pile of spew into the dustpan. Easy. Then flush down the toilet, cleaning the brush and dustpan with the flushing toilet.

On top of this we both have quite a bad cold each. It was howling winds and driving rain in Sydney yesterday darlings, and we went out in that on a mission of mercy for a friend, who needed some friends around after a family death. So we're both sneezing our heads off and tissues aplenty.....

No comments:

Post a Comment