Sunday 28 August 2011

Giving up on the forms

Went to bed really early last night. Only a couple of days left on the antibiotics, they make me so bloody tired. Daughter was having friends over and they were all drinking in her room, which is fine with me, but they got pretty loud at about 11pm and I texted for her to keep it down a bit. Don't mind her doing that, it was Sat night after all, but just keep it to a moderate level. Being tired I have no problem sleeping when the noise is just normal, but at one point they were almost all shouting.

Last week next week of 5 days working. Looking forward to it now. Was going to give the Housing assistance thing a go with the rent, but after looking at all the forms I just can't face going through with it. They're about 3mm thick FFS.


I can just imagine the sort of life history documentation that has to go with them, and the questions about every detail of my life. Demands for proof for every character written by me on the form. And on and on. There's a "Medical Assessment" form in there that's got to be filled out by a doctor, it's fuckin 7 pages long. 23 questions! WTF? And that's just one of the forms. 

Think I'm moving in the direction now of just trying to do it without their assistance. I'll still be available to do extra days at work if they get stuck, so the opportunity to earn more is there. Whereas if I went through this whole process with Housing, I know what they're like, I'd have to tell them how much I'm earning as that would affect the amount of the subsidy I may get from them. I mean they really want to know every detail about my finances. 

Was told by the social worker the other day that I'm sort of in the middle; earning money but not sick enough to be fully not working. Like some no mans land, which makes it hard to get me assistance. Honestly it just doesn't seem worth the drama of going through and filling out all those forms, just to possibly get knocked back anyway. It's just too hard. 

Got a call from my sister living here in Sydney last night. Apparently another sister of mine and her husband are coming over for a bit, and there's some family reunion going to happen. We had a talk about our dreadful childhood experiences growing up in a completely dysfunction and mentally abusive environment in New Zealand, and I didn't feel at all like going to a reunion. 

One thing that my sister in NZ said, in reply to the sister here mentioning me going too, really put me off. She made some comment that seemed to barely recognise my existence, and then said "I heard he'd crossed over". WTF? Um, she meant gone gay. Last I saw of her was when she was a fundamentalist Christian, some Pentecostal thing. Yeah that would go down really well wouldn't it, going to a family reunion and getting grilled and judged about my sexuality (whatever that is anyway). Fuck that. 

Simon reckon I should go though. I will consider it over the next few days, and maybe give my sister a ring next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment