Tuesday 9 August 2011

Accepted the 3 day week

After talking to a number of people I said yes to the three day week offer today. The dept head has to go sort out all the paperwork tomorrow with HR. I spoke to the union guy this morning who said to make sure I'd be offered full time work again in 6 months, even if I didn't think I would. So I will make sure that that is in the paperwork.

Had quite a talk with the psychologist yesterday afternoon. I told him all about what had happened last week, pretty much to his usual surprise at what goes on my my life. He couldn't believe what an asshole the factory manager was, as described him as "A far right economic rationalist". He agreed also that the whole idea of the "Employee Counseling" over issues about sick pay and days off whilst I was in the midst of recovering from near death, was insulting.

I also discovered more mistakes on the Employee Counseling form that I refused to sign. Fucks sake my solicitor would have a field day with this shit. I looked back through some of my payslips, and as suspected saw that days that I'd been only absent 2-3 hours (leaving work for an appts) I'd been marked as absent for the whole day. I found 4 days like that, all marked as absent for the full 7.5 hours, totaling 30 hours. In reality I was only absent for about 9 or 10 hours total. Unbelievable! Sent an email with scanned attachments to the dept head yesterday.

He didn't seem at all upset about it. Just said he had to redo the form to make it all correct, even though I won't be signing it. And we laughed about the impossibility that the factory manager might actually apologise for it all.

Am now looking forward to working a shorter week when it happens. Would have to say the 5 days per week has been hard to do, pretty much as I've still been recovering during the process. All it has been through the week is work, eat, sleep, to get through it. Although the money is going to be a worry now, I am looking forward to a life that doesn't revolve around work to such a high degree. Especially now when work has become such an unpl,easant place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment