Wednesday 10 August 2011

Simon positive?

Worried about Simon. Does he have HIV? (not that there's anything wrong with that).

He has had the flu for a week or more. It's unlike him to have anything as he looks after himself so well. I'm concerned it may be the sero conversion that happens about a month or so after infection. Flu like symptoms can be part of that. 

Some people don't have any symptoms at all. I got the lot I think, which was what made me get tested. I got so sick in the sero conversion that I lost 5 kilos in a month. Terrible flu symptoms and full on mouth ulcers; also another symptom. Hmmm, must ask him about mouth ulcers.......

If he did turn up HIV+ I'm not sure how I'd feel. 

I know we've discussed this all, right from the start. I told him there was a risk, even though I was a bottom and not fucking. It seems unless gays (or straights turning to gay) realise that being only a top who fucks is no guarantee that you won't get HIV, then you may get it without knowledge that you may. 

We though were in full knowledge. I told him of the risk. He was obviously used to fucking casually without condoms when we met. But I still told him there was a risk if he got it with me, even though he was the top only. 

For me I didn't care, and told him "It's up to you; you can wear one or not, I don't care. But you must know that there's still a risk, even though your a top". So he had all the knowledge, and if he wanted to put his body in that kind of risk, then that was his business, not mine.

And when I stopped medication I told him so, and told him that the risk had increased. He continued after that with unsafe sex. Much to both of our pleasure.

If he does turn up positive after this, I will cry a lot knowing that it may very well have been me that infected him (he's very sexually active apart from me as well) but I'll also know he knew the risks. It was his choice to take those risks, not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment