Wednesday 31 August 2011

Life with poverty

Embarking on the poor thing again.  Would have to say it's entirely because I'm HIV positive. If not for that I'd not have had the Great Kidney Crisis earlier this year, or probably much of the depression, lack of energy, and all of the associated appts.

It's not the first time in my life I've been in poverty. 

I dunno what to compare it to overseas. For me it's having to plan weeks in advance for the bills, actually caring about how much I spend on food, maybe sometimes having to put the rent on the credit card. It's about worry. 

This time though I have $25,000 debt. Oh fuckin joy! I haven't looked into much yet about help for that nightmare, but I will. Stay posted darlings if you want to see if my tragedy there is resolved.

I actually don't mind being poor, apart from the worry and hassle. I mean, as long as I can pay the rent, have enough to eat, and have a laugh, that's enough for me. I do hate all the dramatics involved with poverty, hassling around at times for the basics. But if you plan your money right it's no big deal. You've just got to get with the program for it all. 

Life for me isn't about money or possessions, or how much I can get of either of them. It's about how happy I am. Being happy has no relevance to being well off. Happiness for me is about life and relationships, not money and things.

Becoming poor doesn't disturb me at all. In fact I think I may be much happier (for a start) working at my job less.

No comments:

Post a Comment