Monday 1 August 2011

Work

Haven't been very well the last few days. Was quite ill on Sat, and Sunday had the usual diarrhea again. At least it was over in one day this time. I did ask the doctor last time I was at the hospital about what exactly to do regarding diarrhea. That 4 day stint I had a while back left me feeling a bit weak at the end of it. Should I be taking something to stop it? The advice was that it was the body's attempt to get rid of infection and it's better to let it go (um, literally). Drink plenty of water of course as it can be dehydrating if it goes on for a while. Have also been told that HIV is very present in the digestive system and so it's more prone to infections than an uninfected person. 

I don't think my beer drinking is helping either. Again I'm in two minds about that as well. I do enjoy a beer or two, particularly after working all day. However perhaps should not be such a piss head on the weekends. My psychologist is always asking about how much I'm drinking, abut he does realise it has been a help. Anyway tonight I've just come straight home, just been too ill over the weekend to even have one I think, even though it was busy as ever at work today.

Got there to work this morning and there was work piled up everywhere around the machine. Then it was panic stations by the supervisor as to which job they wanted first. Sheesh! I gave up, put in the earplugs, and proceeded on with the job that had the most stacks nearest the machine. 

About half way through the day the supervisor comes over saying the laser dept needed 170,000 sheets to run tonight. I said "Good luck with that". Said I'd told the dept head the other day we'd need a second shift on the machine with the amount of work coming up. Guess where he was? Playing fuckin golf FFS! So the supervisor organised an agency bloke to come in and do afternoon shift tonight. Thank fuck for that, finally a bit of sanity in the place.

We've just finished the big ban on  getting agency blokes in, it appears. They slapped that one on across the whole place the week we got the back pay. Made no sense as work just didn't get done on time. We're that short staffed from the office bean counter's declarations of staffing levels that all we need is one or two big jobs and we're fucked.

Having an early night, will see what happens tomorrow there.

No comments:

Post a Comment